My summer vacation in the middle of the winter was definitely photo-worthy, but I also try to hold on to all the sensations, smells, sounds that, unfortunately, cannot be captured by a camera. Here are some of them.
- The refreshing taste of fresh coconut
- The low sound of the retreating tide
- The sound of the singing cicadas
- The fine sand touching my toes
- The unusual high noon sun on my skin
- The perfect texture of a perfect mango lassi
- The impressive walls of Emerald Cave, with the sky up above and the plants clinging for dear life
- The hasty little crabs running from us, to us, who knows…
- The whirling sound of tail boats coming and going
- The singing sounds of a completely foreign language
- The business of scooter taxis
- The different kinds of spicy
- The clouds of fish swimming to meet the curious tourists. I was definitely bigger than them, but felt so small
- The white of the rice that goes well with everything (even mango)
Definitely one of the best holidays yet. With and without the photos.