The night is not yet over, so I still have time to be not too late with my cookie recipe for this week. This is yet another recipe from the little book I bought in London and they come out really hard, but they’re delicious if dunk in tea.
- 230g brown sugar
- 120g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 340g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt the sugar and butter in a bowl, over very low heat. Meantime, preheat the oven, over low to medium heat
- Let the mixture cool, then add the egg, slightly beaten, and the vanilla essence
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour the wet ingredients, kneading a stiff dough
- Form little balls of dough, then press into cookie shape and bake for 7-8 minutes, until golden brown
- Let cool, then dunk in tea and enjoy
The weekend is over. The jewelry fair is over as well. It was fun, and I want another go. Will share some pictures and some thoughts on this later. For now, I just wanted to say thanks for having me in your midst, in this beautiful handmade world.
Have a good night sleep, talk to you next week!