The other day, when browsing recipes, I put some on hold because they didn’t seem quite quick enough to make. There were other pretty straight forward, and then, there was this, a cream cheese cookie recipe. I love cream cheese in cookies. They come out tender and slightly moist, with a touch of breakfast. This is an adaptation from Day Dreamer Desserts.
- 450g butter
- 280g sugar
- 170g cream cheese
- 120g almonds, finely grounded (can take bit more than this, for a crunchier texture and a deeper almond flavor)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 680g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cream together butter and sugar with a spatula (if you’re kitchen-robot-less like me. yup, still)
- Add the cream cheese and incorporate
- Add the egg and the vanilla and almond extracts and combine
- Incorporate the almonds (you can keep this coarsely grounded, but I wanted a softer texture, for my grandmother to enjoy also)
- Add the flour and baking powder (previously combined) in one go over the butter mixture and incorporate well
- Refrigerate for half an hour or so and, meanwhile, preheat the over at low to medium temperature (my baking was interrupted, so I kept half of batter in the refrigerator overnight, no problem there)
- Form the little balls of dough, press into oh-so-nice cookie shape and bake for 8-9 minutes
- Let cool and serve right away, with tea, or share with friends later in the afternoon, with a cup of milk coffee
It’s been a crazy week around here. I have another day to add to my 31 days of coffee shop stories: the day that never ends – the one with rent contract signing. But about that in another episode. I want some cookies now.
Have a lovely Sunday!