London, here I come! Ten days of London bliss, with tea, bread and butter pudding, fish and chips. With looking on the wrong side of the street before crossing. With plaid jackets and paved streets. I love London.
So before leaving, here is a cookie recipe to celebrate all the things I love about London. Black tea included.
- 115g butter
- 190g sugar
- 230g flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp English breakfast tea
This is how it goes:
- In a bowl/measuring cup, combine flour, salt, baking powder and tea and set aside
- In another bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy, then add the egg and vanilla extract and beat some more
- Add the dry ingredients over the wet ones and incorporate with a spatula or with your hand
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the over.
- Form the cookies, press them in cookie shape and bake them for 7- minutes, over low to medium heat
- While the cookies cool on the cooling rack, prepare a full flavored black tea to enjoy with your cookies.
Some say this is the best recipe yet. If you give it a try, do let me know what you think, will you?
Have a great Sunday!