Somehow, someway, I almost forgot about the cookie recipe for this week. Baked they were, tasted too. Photographed only this morning, before they disappeared completely from the plate (sorry for the poor quality, I was with my eyes half closed this morning). The recipe is again from the little book I bought in England, with my personal adaptations, I wanted something more on the soft side, rather than the crunchy cookie they promised.
- 170g brown sugar
- 170g butter
- 125g plain yoghurt
- 400g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 heaping tsp ground ginger
- 8 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to low to medium heat
- Cream together sugar and butter. Incorporate yoghurt and honey
- Combine flour, baking powder and ginger in a separate bowl and incorporate in the wet ingredients
- Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes and in between batches
- Form little cookies and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown
- Let cool for a couple of minutes, before transferring to a plate or an air-tight container
They are quite easy to make and they hold well in an air -tight container. You could enjoy some with your early morning coffee or your late afternoon tea. Either way, they are very versatile and have a distinct flavor, due to the happy combination between honey and ginger.
Enjoy and have a lovely week ahead!