After the butter cookies last week, I needed a recipe that called for eggs. And I found one, and it went well, except for the almond flavor part. It’s my almond extract to blame, I am sure. But the recipe from Cody Kitchen Confections is a keeper.
- 300g butter
- 380g sugar (+ extra for
- 550g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Add the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder and set aside
- Beat sugar and butter until creamy
- Add the eggs and almond extract and incorporate
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in, first with the spatula, then using your hands
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, preheat your over
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper or grease you macaroon tray.
- Make 2 cm balls of dough and roll them in sugar (at this point, I added extra 2 tsp almond extract in the sugar, for an added touch of almonds)
- Press in shape with your fingers
- Bake for 6-8 minutes let cool in the tray, since they are kind of fragile
They are yummy and the texture is divine, thanks to the cornstarch, I gather.
Baking anything nice this Sunday?